Recipe for egg free lemon drizzy drizzle cake
Do you like tangy flavours? Really tangy! Kind of tongue smackingly tangy. Then this seriously delicious egg free cake recipe is for you.
This may well be the easiest, yet tastiest and tangiest cake you have ever made. Guests and family will be so impressed, and devour it instantly! You can also moderate the tang by varying the amount of lemon.
This eggless classic is perfect for many occasions. As a simple, gorgeous treat for the kids or as a subtle pallet refresher after a successful dinner party.
Here goes. This is really easy.
- 1 Grab a packet of Only Eggless Vanilla cake mix.
- 2 Weigh 200g of dry mix in a large bowl.
- 3 Measure 100ml of cold water and whisk into the dry mix on slow for 3 mins.
- 4 Scrape down the sides and whisk for a further 10 mins on fast speed.
- 5 Add the grated rind of 2 lemons and mix in.
- 6 Bake in a preheated oven at 175’C for approx 30 mins (until when you poke it with a skewer and the skewer comes out clean without any mix on it).
- 7 Whilst that's baking, Juice the 2 lemons.
- 8 Add 50g of sugar to the juice of 1 lemon and heat in a small saucepan until all sugar is dissolved.
- 9 Once the cake is baked, take it from the oven and whilst it is still hot prick all over with a skewer and pour the lemon and sugar mix all over, leave to cool.
- 10 Set the cake on your favourite serving plate and mix the last of the lemon juice (1 lemon) with 100g of Icing Sugar… Drizzy-drizzle this mix over the top of your delicious cake in a stripy dribble pattern and leave it to set.
Now you have a wonderfully moist and tangy lemon cake with a crunchy sweet glaze. Nobody but you need know that this cake was made without egg!
Warning: It probably won’t be around for long, so you might want to make 2 at a time!