Recipe for egg free bumble bee cupcakes
As if we haven't given you enough delicious egg free recipes this week already! Here is another one. This stunning recipe takes a little longer than some but it is so worth it. Think pineapple, banana, fluffy - moist sponge. You see what I mean?
Can't wait until they are done? Order from our huge range of egg free cupcakes and pick them up in an hour or have them delivered sameday in London.
Prep time: 1 Hr (Incl. Icing)
Cook time:20 Mins
Yields: 24 Cupcakes
This is a special occasion cupcake recipe. The cake flour gives a light and fluffy texture while the bananas, apple sauce and pineapple makes the cupcakes very moist and flavourful.
At Only-eggless we like to call these cupcakes ‘Bumble-Bee’ because the cake is so sweet, pungent and alluring the bumble-bees would surely be drawn in...
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1 and 3/4 cups toasted and chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces)cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 + 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bumble bee egg free cupcakes method revealed:
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. While the oven is heating, place the pecans on a cookie sheet and toast it in the oven for 5-7 minutes, stirring it once or twice in the middle. Stay alert so that the pecans don’t burn. After about 6 or 7 minutes, remove the sheet out of the oven and let the nuts cool. Coarsely chop the nuts and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl combine together the mashed bananas and crushed pineapple. While mashing the bananas you can add a tablespoon of water or milk to make the mashing easier. In a medium size bowl stir together the Part 3 dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another large bowl cream together the butter and sugar using an electric beater. Stir in the apple sauce, yogurt, vanilla extract and vinegar. Beat it for another 2 minutes. The mixture will look curdled, but don’t worry about that.
- Now add the fruit mixture and flour mix alternately, mixing well after each addition. Do not use the mixer for this. A spatula or wooden spoon is just enough.
- Once the batter comes along well, stir in the coconut and 1 cup of pecans and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out 1/4th-1/3rd cup of batter in each muffin cup. We use a standard size ice cream scoop for this and it was perfect.
- Bake it for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. I tested just after 20 minutes and it was done. Do not over-bake it because the cupcakes will not be moist and you will end up with dry cupcakes. Cool it completely on a wire rack before icing.
Icing your eggless cupcakes:
- In a medium size bowl cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes and top it with the balance 3/4th cup of toasted and chopped pecans.
Voila! Cupcakes ‘o’ plenty!
Please share your delicious cupcakes with us on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram … try not to get icing on the keyboard! : )