Recipe for Choco-fantastic Brownies! (Without egg)
If you love chocolate brownies but absolutely must not have egg in your cake, this OnlyEggless exclusive recipe for Choco-fantastic brownies without egg is definitely for you. And it is quick, easy and oh so tasty!
You could be eating (and taking the credit) for the best egg free chocolate brownies in London, in about an hour. Quick, preheat the oven to 170 C and read on...
Here, We’ve substituted eggs with buttermilk and baked a super moist eggless brownie.
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: Approx 40 Mins
- Yields: 12 Square brownies
Ingredients for chocolate brownies without egg:
- 113gm butter
- 125gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 200gm fine granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 50gm plain flour
- 40gm cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chopped walnuts
- First we combine butter, dark chocolate and sugar in a saucepan of about medium size and stir over medium heat until chocolate and butter are nicely melted and looking like you want to eat it now.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Add buttermilk and stir some more.
- Gradually add mixture of flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir until well combined and then we can mix in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and lined rectangular tin.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake until done. ( Approx. for 40mins at 170C)
- Allow the brownie to cool before slicing. It's good to have warm too :)
OnlyEggless pro tip
Fancy something a little different? Add in vegetarian marshmallows, chocolate chips, peanut butter, Smarties, or your favourite sweets!
Let us know what you have tried...and share how yummy they were on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram.... Happy baking! : )